Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mommies & Daddies .....Move on!!!!

Little do we realize how much we dump on our children our thoughts, our ideas, our wishes, our ways ......and more. Sure parents have their justifications to guide their kids & bring them up as good people.

If you are a parent reading this, stop & think for a while - how much you enjoyed or welcomed your parents doing this to you???? No, answering that's what parenting is all about is never an interesting one!

Ok...given due consideration to all those that you did before your kids got married. But why do parents cling on to the kids and dump your ways & ideas even after marriage???? Mommies & Daddies, why so???

You saw me come of age; You enjoyed seeing me grow up;
you appreciated that I have matured in life; you declared that am ready to take on another family as my responsibility.....and isn't that why you got me married????

That thought which existed in you "to get me married" (asap) - where did it go after marriage??? Why the sudden fear about me or what happens in my life? Shouldn't you be confident about your "bringing me up" and just enjoy your old age instead of bothering about me and bothering me too?!?!!

Come on, my sweet parents - all those mommies & daddies - stop piggybacking your kids!!! Be confident they are your kids and will do a good job in their life. Sure help them & support them, when they need or ask for!!! Otherwise, go ahead on a holiday, do some gardening or how about doing some vadams & vathals on your terrace instead of goading your kids!!!

You can do lots on your own. Enjoy your life :)

PS: No intention to hurt anyone by this post. Just thought parents need to take more time for themselves....so my thoughts blogged here!


1 comment:

Kris Bond said...

I grew Playful,
I grew Wild,
I grew Strong,
I grew Happy,
I grew Impatient,
I grew Mature,
I grew Wise,
But,I never grew Anxious until I became Dad