Friday, November 16, 2007

Da Vinci Code.....A Fiction in my list?

Here is yet another fiction, i read ...after having decided not to read any fiction (post reading atlas shrugged).

It was one of those days, when you don't have much to do at work....when you have put in your resignation...but yet should be present in the office (for whatever reason), that i came across this book in the electronic format.

I was never a fan of e-books and always preferred to buy my own book, get a first smell of them...and inhale it deeply, enjoying it...before i inhale & enjoy the contents :-)
Every possible media boasted of this book....and it raised a question in me....."What is so great about this book? If it is so great, then i wouldn't want to miss out on it...which happened during my lifetime..."

This was the reason for me to pick up a copy of this successful code. And...having picked up, it just required one night for me to finish it. Thinking through it....to my opinion, there is nothing great about this book....yet it was definitely a Page Turner...and the whole storyline was written in a GRIPPING way...! This i would say, was the major success factor...rather than the ultimate story itself.

Being a mathematics student, it also interested me in deciphering some parts of code....before i could turn the pages. This book also gave me some knowledge about all the controversies around the church.....which i was not aware of until i read it. Though not of my interest, yet good to know some information always!

Though there have been other books from the same author, i am not interested in reading...coz i expect the same kind of plot, writing style from the author, which is no more interesting.....so here it ends!

No comments: